Consequent upon the approval accorded by the Governing body of SMVDCON in its 6th meeting held on 27-06-16, the minutes of which were notified vide no. SMVDCON/137 Dated 01-07-2016. The process of refund of fee rules at SMVDCON are detailed below:-
The candidates who has been provisionally admitted, may cancel admission by submitting an application for cancellation and may request for refund of the fee.
- In case a student opts for withdrawal of admission before the start of academic session and seat could be filled by the institute before the cut off date(as may be indicated in the academic calendar) 100% of the fee shall be refunded after deducting Rs. 1000/- as cancellation charges.
- In case a student opts for withdrawal of admission on/after the beginning of the academic session and seat could be filled by the institute before the cut off date, entire fee less the seat cancellation charges on pro rate basis shall be refunded.
- No refund (except the security deposit) can be claimed in case of withdrawal on 25th of July or on the date of closure of admissions which ever is earlier and seat cannot be filled by the institute.
- Full security deposit shall be refunded irrespective of time of withdrawal but not after one year from the date of admission I case of cancellation. Otherwise security deposit shall be refunded after completion of degree for regular students.
- The mess fee and the hostel fee will be refunded after deduction of charge for the period of availing these facilities on prorate basis as per norms of SMVDCON. A room shall be treated as occupied in case the student has been allotted the same in the hostel although the students may not have occupied the same physically. Fee under these heads shall become non-refundable on or after the date of closure of admissions in that program.
- The fee refund rules shall be applicable to fresh admission at the first semester only, and there shall be no refund, whatsoever, in the subsequent semester.
- SMVDCON shall release amount of refund within a maximum period of three months from the date a student applies for the same. Refund shall not be treated as a matter of right and the case may be processed as per the rules in a vogue. In case of appearance of any discrepancy or objection that may be raised by the claimant, the decision of Governing body of Shri Mata Vaishno Devi College of Nursing shall be final and binding. Please note that the date of closure of admission shall be notified on SMVDCON website at least on week in advance
Note For calculation of cancellation charges on the pro-rata basis, one month shall be treated as one unit e.g. if the candidate cancels admission on third day i.e. within one month after the start of academic session & the seat is filled before the cut off date, then cancellation on pro rata basis will be the higher amount of (Entire fee)/12 or Rs. 1000/-Dr. Shailla Cannie, Principal
Shri Mata Vasihno Devi College of Nursing, Kakryal, Katra